Views:3 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-02 Origin:Site
Many riders bring maintenance tools with their cars when they travel. Of course, the car jacks commonly used when changing tires are of course indispensable. However, many riders are often at a loss as to how to use the car jack correctly without training. Especially when the tire has a problem and needs to be replaced. The car jack is already a standard tool on the car. Every car owner should understand how to use the car jack for his car, because you may have to take it out of the tail box to use it at some point. In this article, let's take a look at how to use the truck-mounted car jack. First, let’s take a look at the types of jacks
1. Bridge car jack
The bridge jack looks like a bridge as a whole, so it is called a bridge jack. It is composed of a bridge lifting linkage mechanism, a hinge shaft, and a screw rod. The screw rod is fixed to one end of the linkage mechanism and passed through the linkage mechanism. The hinge shaft at the other end extends out, and a nut meshing with the screw is sleeved on the extended screw rod, and a large connecting piece connected with the bridge lifting linkage mechanism, between the nut and the large connecting piece Pressure bearing. The utility model relies on the rotation of the nut to push the jack to work when the screw is fixed. Its rotation is not restricted by the deformation of the screw, and it can be started freely when the screw is bent or not vertical. A pressure bearing is installed behind the nut. Compared with the prior art, the rotation is lighter; the volume is small; it is safe and reliable. The bridge-type connecting rod is equipped with a nut with a 100% intermeshing ratio, which ensures the safety and reliability of the utility model. "
2. Hydraulic jack
Hydraulic jack, also known as hydraulic jack, is a jack that uses plunger or hydraulic cylinder as a rigid lifting member. Simple lifting equipment generally only has a lifting mechanism for lifting heavy objects. Simple structure, light weight, easy to carry and easy to move. Commonly used simple lifting equipment includes hydraulic jacks, tackles and hoists.
Steps for usage:
1. Fix the vehicle well. Before lifting the vehicle with a jack, we must first fix the vehicle to prevent the vehicle from becoming unstable after being lifted and smashing it down and hurting people. Manual gear models pull on the handbrake, and at the same time put the gearbox into 1st gear or reverse gear, and automatic gear models also pull on the handbrake, and at the same time the gearbox is put on the P gear position. Why does manual gear need to be in gear to fix it? Because if it is in neutral gear, the car is equivalent to only relying on the handbrake to brake, and the brake of the handbrake is only for the rear wheels. If one of the rear wheels needs to be replaced, then after the jack lifts the vehicle, it is equivalent to leaving the other rear wheel with braking force. It is difficult to ensure that the car is fixed; if the gear is engaged, the car will be controlled by the engine Even if one wheel is off the ground, the other three wheels have braking force, so the operation is obviously more secure.
2. Make safety warnings After stopping the vehicle, we cannot ignore the necessary safety warning measures, and quickly put the warning triangle within a safe distance behind the vehicle.
3. Pay attention to the bottom of the fixed jack. Before using the jack to lift the car, the car should be parked on a flat, solid level ground to prevent the car from sliding or the jack to fall over. Generally speaking, the vehicle does not move without braking after parking. When we use a jack, we must pay attention to the ground conditions, and we should try our best to choose a ground suitable for the jack to be fixed for operation. If the car is on a soft ground and we cannot find a firm and flat road to fix the jack, then we can put a large and hard support under the jack, such as wooden boards, floor tiles, iron plates, etc., to help the jack be fixed on the ground.
4. Look at the maximum load-bearing capacity of the jack. Each jack has its load-bearing limit, and this load-bearing limit will be marked on the jack label. Before we use the jack, we must understand the maximum load-bearing capacity and the working limit of the jack. The safest way is to make the jack "specially dedicated to the car", and try not to use the jack on the non-matching car body, in case the supporting force is not enough to cause accidents.
5. Align the support points of the vehicle chassis. There will be support points for the jacks to contact at the positions on both sides of the vehicle chassis near the wheels. The lifting part of the jack must be supported on the support point of the chassis, otherwise it will be difficult to fix the vehicle, and it will easily cause damage to the jack or even the chassis.
6. The lifting operation should be steady or slow. To be honest, the jacks equipped with the car are not "thick and hard" goods, and their strength is only enough to support the car itself. If we use too much force during the lifting operation, the jack will easily be deformed and scrapped and cannot be used.
Before using the jack, the vehicle must be stopped. For large vehicles, the jack of small vehicles must not be used, so as to avoid potential safety hazards when repairing the vehicle.
To ensure the safety of various types of cars, jacks generally have a fixed position when they are used, and they cannot be supported on bumpers, beams, etc. with jacks. The use of
jack is very simple, but in the process of use, always remember to be flat, stable, and slow. Once again, it is emphasized that you must not get into the bottom of the vehicle when using the vehicle jack. The hidden danger is very large.
Finally, I would like to remind you that the onboard jack is only for routine tire replacement or suspension inspection. It cannot replace the lift for substantial maintenance work. It is strictly forbidden to put your body or arms under the car body, which is dangerous. There are also two recommendations for everyone. If you need to replace the tire, you can first loosen the fixing screw on the tire wheel hub to be replaced by one turn and then use a jack to lift it to avoid difficulty after lifting. After the jack is fully lifted, you can put the spare tire or the removed tire under the car body to make a temporary insurance. Even if the jack has a problem, it will not cause greater losses.
Summary: There are many car owners who have not used the onboard jack since they bought the car. In case of a situation on the road and need to replace the spare tire, it is impossible to always find someone who can help, so they can only be in a hurry. Familiar with the use of vehicle tools is also an essential skill for car owners. Therefore, we recommend that all novice friends, take time to get out the jack of your car and get familiar with it, so that you won't be at a loss when you need it.